INSPIRATIONAL TIPS TO LIGHT UP YOUR HOME
HOW TO CREATE COSY LIVING ROOM LIGHTING
1. When creating cosiness in the living room, lighting is essential. As a basic rule,
choose a number of small light sources rather than a single large one.
2. Place your lamps to light up dark corners and create pleasant lighting throughout the
3. If you love pendants and wall lamps, you can create an interesting effect by hanging
them lower in the living room than in the rest of the home. This helps anchor the mood
and make the ambience cosier.
4. Small table lamps are brilliant creators of cosiness. They are easy to move around
and can be placed on a shelf, windowsill… Anywhere you need lighting.
5. Use a floor lamp to create ambience (and good reading light) in the sofa corner. The
lamp also serves to create ambience around the sofa area.
6. Do you want a pendant above the coffee table? Choose one that is closed at the
bottom, so you do not get the full glare of the bulb. And hang the pendant at a height
that allows you to see everyone around the coffee table.
HOW TO CREATE GOOD KITCHEN LIGHTING
1. Make sure the lamps above the kitchen worktop are high enough to let even the
tallest family member avoid bumping into them during cooking.
2. Do you want good working light in your kitchen? Choose narrow lamps to avoid glare,
but still ensure good lighting.
3. Not all lighting in the kitchen needs to be functional. Create a nice ambience with
little, decorative table lamps on a shelf or in a windowsill.
HOW TO CREATE GOOD DINING ROOM LIGHTING
1. Hang the dining table lamp about 50-70 cm above the table. That way, you make
sure that everyone can see each other without being blinded by glare.
2. If you have a transparent lampshade, you might want to play with the look of the bulb
a little. Pick a bulb with a pattern or a decorative LED bulb.
3. Perhaps pick a dining table lamp that stands out and almost becomes a brilliant
sculpture in the room.
CREATING A GOOD BEDROOM LIGHTING
1. Is your wardrobe in the bedroom? If it is, a dimmer can help you switch between
relaxed night lighting and functional lighting for when you need to pick out clothes in the
morning or integrate lighting within the wardrobe
2. Decorate with lamps in the ceiling, on the floor and by the bed to create a warm,
inviting look in the bedroom.
3. Make the bedroom a quiet sanctuary in your day with toned-down colours on the
walls and linens and lamps in a simple look.
CREATING A GOOD HOME OFFICE LIGHTING
1. To get the optimal working light, make sure that you have lighting behind you and on
or just above the desk.
2. Is the office part of the living room? Tie the room’s various functions together by
selecting a desk lamp from the same series as the wall lamp by the sofa, for example.
3. Find a lamp that is functional and highlights your style, giving the office a personal